ARTICLE VIII – OFFICERS
- (a) A President and a Vice-President shall be appointed by resolution of the Board of Directors from amongst their number at the first meeting of the Board of Directors following the election of Directors.
- (b) The Board of Directors shall from time to time appoint a Secretary/Treasurer, who is not required to be a Director or member of the Association, and who shall act under the control and with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- (c) Officers shall be subject to removal by resolution of the Board of Directors at any time.
8.2 THE PRESIDENT
The duties of the President shall be:
- (a) to preside at all meetings of the Association and the Board of Directors; and
- (b) to exercise a general supervision over the affairs of the Association.
8.3 THE VICE-PRESIDENT
The Vice-President shall, in the absence or disability of the President, perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President and shall perform such other duties as shall from time to time be imposed upon him or her by the Board of Directors.
8.4 THE SECRETARY/TREASURER
- (a) The Secretary/Treasurer shall have the custody of the funds and securities of the Association and shall keep full and accurate accounts of all assets, liabilities, receipts and disbursements of the Association in the books belonging to the Association and shall deposit all monies, securities and other valuable effects in the name and to the credit of the Association in such chartered bank or trust company, or, in the case of securities, in such registered dealer in securities as may be designated by the Board of Directors from time to time. He or she shall disburse the funds of the Association as may be directed by proper authority taking proper vouchers for such disbursements, and shall render to the President and Directors at the regular meeting of the Board of Directors, or whenever they may require it, an accounting of all the transactions and a statement of the financial position of the Association. He or she shall also perform such other duties as may from time to time be directed by the Board of Directors.
- (b) The Secretary/Treasurer may be empowered by the Board of Directors, upon resolution of the Board of Directors, to carry on the affairs of the Association generally under the supervision of the Officers thereof and shall attend all meetings and act as clerk thereof and record all votes and minutes of all proceedings in the books to be kept for that purpose. He or she shall give or cause to be given notice of all meetings of the members and of the Board of Directors, and shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors or President, under whose supervision he or she shall be. He or she shall be custodian of the seal, if any, of the Association, which he or she shall deliver only when authorized by a resolution of the Board of Directors to do so and to such person or persons as may be named in such resolution.
- (c) The Secretary/Treasurer shall also co-ordinate receipt and distribution of certificates.
- (d) Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Board of Directors may from time to time vary, add to, or limit the powers and duties of any officer of the Association.
8.5 EXECUTION OF DOCUMENTS
Contracts, documents or any instruments in writing requiring the signature of the Association, shall be signed by both the President and Secretary/Treasurer and all contracts, documents and instruments in writing so signed shall be binding upon the Association without any further authorization or formality. The Directors shall have power from time to time by resolution to appoint an officer or officers on behalf of the Association to sign specific contracts, documents and instruments in writing. All cheques issued by the Association must bear the signature(s) of an official or officials authorized by the Board of Directors for that purpose.