ARTICLE XX – FEES
- (a) Fees for services provided by the Association to its members shall be as established from time to time by resolution of the Board of Directors.
- (b) All membership dues and all fees for transactions requiring the services of the Recording Office shall be made payable to Canadian Border Collie Association and forwarded directly to the Association at their Head Office. Such fees shall be in the form of cash, money order, cheque. Cash will only be accepted in person at the Recording Office, with a receipt being issued accordingly. All such fees shall be payable in Canadian funds. Discounted cheques and foreign currency will not be accepted.
- (c) Fees for the registration of Border Collies shall be as established from time to time by Resolution of the Board of Directors.
20.2 NOTICE OF FEE INCREASES
The Board of Directors shall have the authority to set new fees and revise current fees for any and all services provided by the Association. Upon any of the fees being changed, notice of such changes shall be published in the official publication of the Association and such notice shall be published so as to provide at least sixty (60) days notice of such changes.
ARTICLE XXI – DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of these By-laws and all other By-laws, rules, regulations and resolutions of the Association, unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Act” means the ANIMAL PEDIGREE ACT, R.S.C., 1985 Chap.8 (4th supp.) as amended from time to time and any Act that may be substituted therefore, as amended from time to time;
- “Agriculture Canada” means the Ministry of Agriculture and Agri-Food for Canada;
- “Association” means the Canadian Border Collie Association;
- “Board” means the elected Board of Directors of the Canadian Border Collie Association;
- “Border Collie” means a dog registered or eligible for registration with the Association;
- “By-laws” means the By-laws of the Association made in accordance with the Act from time to time, duly authorized and in full force and effect;
- “Head Office” means the office at which the corporate records of the Association are maintained;
- “Member” means a member of the Association, as prescribed in Section 4.1 of these By-laws;
- “Minister” means the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food for Canada;
- “Ministry” means the Ministry of Agriculture and Agri-Food for Canada.
- “Non-Business Day” means Saturday, Sunday or the statutory holidays of the Province in which the Recording Office is located.
- “Pedigree” means genealogical information showing the ancestral line of descent of a registered dog;
- “Person” includes members, non-members, individuals, partnerships and corporations;
- “Purebred Border Collie” means a dog registered or capable of being registered by the Association in accordance with these By-laws;
- “Resident” means a person whose principal residence is located in Canada;
“Recording Office” means the office at which the business of the Association is carried out on a regular and ongoing basis;
“Robert’s Rules of Order” means Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised (1990 Edition), or any further edition of same as adopted by the Board of Directors.