Welcome to the Canadian Border Collie Association
The Association’s objectives are the encouragement, development and regulation of the breeding of purebred Border Collies in Canada by:
- Establishing a standard of breeding and maintaining a system of registration of purebred Border Collies;
- Promoting and fostering the breeding, training and distribution of reliable working Border Collies in Canada;
- Promoting and fostering health improvements in Border Collies;
- Publishing and distributing literature and other communications to educate the public and Border Collie breeders on subjects relating to the well-being of the Border Collie breed;
- Organizing and promoting trials, national championships and exhibitions, either competitive or non-competitive, and either independently or in association with any other societies, bodies or persons.
2016 CBCA AGM
Take Notice that the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Border Collie Association will be held at Shepherd’s Crook Farm, Woodville, on August 11, 2016 at 6:30 pm or following completion of competition, whichever is later, for the purpose of transacting such business as may properly come before the meeting, or any adjournment thereof.
Veuillez prendre note que l’assemblée générale annuelle de la Société canadienne de Border Collie se tiendra au concours Shepherd’s Crook Farm, le 11 aout 2016, à 18 h 30 ou à la fin de la compétition, selon l’heure la plus tardive, dans le but de traiter des questions dont l’assemblée peut légitimement être saisie ou de tout ajournement de celles-ci.
2016 CBCA Championship
The 2016 CBCA Championships will be held at Shepherd’s Crook Farm, near Woodville, Ontario, August 10-14, 2016.
Late Registration Fee
At a meeting of the Board of Directors on November 19, 2015, the Board unanimously passed a motion raising to $300 the fee for registering each pup in a litter registration when the application to register is received by the Registrar more than two years after the birth of the litter, effective January 1, 2017.
2015 Notice of Election
The terms of three directors (Amanda Milliken, Dave Young and Ken Price) lapse at the end of 2015. As a result there will be an election for one member from the West region (Manitoba or west) and for two from the East region (Ontario or east).
Le mandat de trois administrateurs (Amanda Milliken, Dave Young et Ken Price) se termine à la fin de 2015. Par conséquent, une élection aura lieu pour deux membres de la région Est (est du Manitoba) et pour un member de la région Ouest (ouest de l’Ontario).
2015 CBCA AGM
Take notice that the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Border Collie Association will be held at the Bar U Ranch, Longview, AB on August 28, 2015 at 6:30 pm or following completion of competition, whichever is later.
Veuillez prendre note que l’assemblée générale annuelle de la Société canadienne de Border Collie se tiendra au concours Bar U Ranch, le vendredi 28 août 2015 à 18 h 30 ou à la fin de la compétition, selon l’heure la plus tardive.
2015 CBCA Championships
The 2015 CBCA Championships will be held in Okotoks, AB, August 27-30.
* Year/letter for pups born in 2016 is “D”, 2015 is “C”, 2014 is “B”, in 2013 is “A”, in 2012 is “Z”
For general inquiries about the CBCA, and inquiries about registration and membership, please contact:
CBCA Registrar & Secretary:
Box 817, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0