Welcome to the Canadian Border Collie Association
The Association’s objectives are the encouragement, development and regulation of the breeding of purebred Border Collies in Canada by:
- Establishing a standard of breeding and maintaining a system of registration of purebred Border Collies;
- Promoting and fostering the breeding, training and distribution of reliable working Border Collies in Canada;
- Promoting and fostering health improvements in Border Collies;
- Publishing and distributing literature and other communications to educate the public and Border Collie breeders on subjects relating to the well-being of the Border Collie breed;
- Organizing and promoting trials, national championships and exhibitions, either competitive or non-competitive, and either independently or in association with any other societies, bodies or persons.
2015 CBCA AGM
Take notice that the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Border Collie Association will be held at the Bar U Ranch, Longview, AB on August 28, 2015 at 6:30 pm or following completion of competition, whichever is later.
Veuillez prendre note que l’assemblée générale annuelle de la Société canadienne de Border Collie se tiendra au concours Bar U Ranch, le vendredi 28 août 2015 à 18 h 30 ou à la fin de la compétition, selon l’heure la plus tardive.
2015 CBCA Championships
The 2015 CBCA Championships will be held in Okotoks, AB, August 27-30.
CBCA President Dave Young’s newsletter to the membership, published January 2015.
Notice of Upcoming Election/Avis d’élection
The terms of three directors (Kathy Keats, Bob Stephens and Louanne Twa) lapse at the end of 2014. As a result, there will be an election for two members from the West region (Manitoba or west) and for one from the East region (Ontario or east).
Le mandat de trois administrateurs (Kathy Keats, Bob Stephens et Louanne Twa) se termine à la fin de 2014. Par conséquent, une élection aura lieu pour un membre de la région Est (est du Manitoba) et pour deux membres de la région Ouest (ouest de l’Ontario).
CBCA Championship Results
Please click here for on-site results of the 2014 CBCA Championships and the 28th Annual Kingston Sheep Dog Trials.
Running Orders, 2014 CBCA Championships and the 28th Annual Kingston Sheep Dog Trials
2014 Notice of CBCA Annual General Meeting / Avis d’assemblée générale annuelle
Take Notice that the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Border Collie Association will be held at the Kingston Sheepdog Trial at Grass Creek Park, Kingston, Ontario, on Thursday August 7, 2014.
Veuillez prendre note que l’assemblée générale annuelle de la Société canadienne de Border Collie se tiendra au concours Kingston Sheepdog Trial au parc Grass Creek, Kingston, Ontario, le jeudi 7 août 2014.
2014 CBCA Championships and the 28th Annual Kingston Sheep Dog Trials
The 28th Annual Kingston Sheep Dog Trials and CBCA Championships will be held at Grass Creek Park, Kingston, ON, August 5 – 10, 2014.
2014 World Sheep Dog Trial Team
The Canadian Border Collie Association Board of Directors has named the following to the Canadian team for the 2014 World Trial:
Mary Lou Campbell and Reidell Dyna
Kathy Keats and Taff
Kathy Keats and Craig
Lee Lumb and Nan
Lee Lumb and SCB Gus
2014 World Sheep Dog Trials
The World Sheep Dog Trials will take place from September 3 – 6, 2014, in Scotland. If you are a Canadian handler who would like to be considered for the Canadian World Team, please click here to read about the selection criteria for the team.
* Year/letter for pups born in 2015 is “C”, 2014 is “B”, in 2013 is “A”, in 2012 is “Z”, 2011 is “Y” *
For general inquiries about the CBCA, and inquiries about registration and membership, please contact:
CBCA Registrar & Secretary:
Box 817, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0